Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Lakewood, CA
Experience: 2-5 years
Work Hours: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION //
The Rastaclat Senior Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of accounting records, adhering to a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Senior Accountant will play a pivotal role in creating financial transactions and financial reports from operational information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals and accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for daily reconciliation of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Oversees all full cycle accounting functions including A/P, A/R, payroll, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Manages the overall month-end close process including the maintenance of the closing calendar, review of the general ledger, and the preparation and distribution of applicable financial reports.
- Prepares general ledger entries by accurate invoice coding and accurate maintenance of records and files.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes if needed.
- Prepares weekly cash flow report to be distributed to management.
- Creates and maintains current customer and vendor files.
- Prepares credit card reconciliation and reviews expense reports.
- Manages quarterly inventory counts and related adjustments.
- Creates all royalty, commission, and bonus reports for review and approval.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Maintains accurate fixed asset schedule in accordance with internal company policy.
- Provides accounting support for converting data to general ledger system.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts.
- Collects outstanding invoices in a timely manner while maintaining positive relationships with customers and sales representatives.
- Performs internal audit of company insurance policies.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting and tax requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- 2 or more years of accounting department experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting a plus.
- Special consideration to those with working knowledge of Full Circle accounting software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Proficiency in MS Office application plus MS Excel.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and information at different levels of the organization.
Position: Merchandise Planner
Location: Lakewood, CA
Experience: 5-7 years
Work Hours: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION //
Rastaclat is looking for an experienced Merchandise Planner to join our team. The Merchandise Planner plays an important role managing inventory forecasting and product buys and providing analytics and trend analysis necessary for the team to identify risks and opportunities. An ideal candidate has experience in the pre-season financial and inventory planning process as well as in-season inventory optimization across B2B and B2C Channels. This individual will work closely with Allocations, Production, Product Design and Sales Teams. A positive attitude is essential.
- Develop preseason sales, margin and inventory turn plans that support current and new channel growth strategies.
- Develop seasonal plans by analyzing historical data and current trends while identifying risks and opportunities for future assortment needs. Reconcile plans from a top down and bottom up perspective.
- Review findings from sales analysis into seasonal merchandise plan to make decisions on product life cycle.
- Execute the merchandise selection by balancing sku plan and price consistency with the company and regional requirements.
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory turn by month and communicate business performance during weekly sales and monthly buy meetings.
- Analyze and react to financial, market, customer trends and formulate appropriate strategies in partnership with the cross-functional teams.
- Create detailed quarterly recap reports to drive strategic assortment decisions for future quarters and in-season management.
- Provide monthly business reporting and provide expert analysis on trends and recommendations.
- Understanding of Global Markets, ability to review sales plans, data, and strategies for both International, Regional, Domestic regions and Sports market.
- Review and analyze complex historical trends and data to optimize production purchasing regionally and globally
- 5-7 years proven experience as a Merchandise / Demand Planner.
- Extensive experience with Full Circle is required.
- Microsoft Excel skills are imperative.
- Prior experience with Monday, Domo, Sales Force, and Keynote/Powerpoint is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data.
- Knowledge of Accessories, Apparel, or Sports business planning.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action.
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and within a group.
- Able to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented with ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional follow through.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with evolving processes.
- Self-starter with positive outlook who is motivated to lead and learn.
- Team player, positive attitude and enthusiastic.
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Please email resumes to HR@Rastaclat.com.
ABOUT RASTACLAT //
Rastaclat is a symbol of righteousness, doing good for yourself and others. We believe that positive action can change lives, inspire confidence & unite us as human beings. #SEEK THE POSITIVE.This radiates through our company culture giving everyone on our small, but growing team the opportunity to bring their best on the daily. This position is a performance-based role that is grounded in our core values and offers upward growth potential. Our team of 30employees share a positive work environment in a new, spacious office out of Lakewood, CA that is walking distance from solid restaurants, shopping and a fitness center. Every quarter our team participates in a charitable, giveback event to keep the positivity flowing and we keep the team vibes strong with monthly-catered lunches, yearly company-wide incentives and a generous benefit/retirement package.
- Medical Benefits
- 401K Retirement and Profit-Sharing Benefits
- Company sponsored Apple laptop
- Monthly Catered Lunches
- Quarterly Charitable Events & Annual Company Incentives
- Healthy Snacks
- Positive Company Environment
*Must provide at least three references, two directly from past managers in related E-Commerce position.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.