Beginning May 10 – May 16, Mental Health Awareness Week is a time to recognize mental health, show our support and take action. The theme for this year is tools 2 thrive, which provides practical tools that people can use to improve their mental health.
This past year has had a major impact on the mental health of all people of every age, situation and background. Now, more than ever, it is so important to reduce the stigma around mental health, show our support and find ways to allow people to get the help they need and so deserve.
Here are some easy mental health practices that you can incorporate in your everyday life:
- Take care of yourself
- Take care of your body (i.e. eat nutritious meals, stay hydrated, exercise and sleep)
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Wear your Seek The Positive Bracelet as a daily reminder to keep an optimistic attitude
- Soak up the sunshine outside
- Volunteer to help those in need
- Smile and take time to laugh
- Learn how to deal with stress
- Seek help when you need it
- Engage in activities that make you happy
- Quiet your mind with meditation
- Surround yourself with people you love